Swiss Chard and White Bean Stuffed Sweet Potato - Vegetarian Gourmet
This is such an amazing combo! The perfectly roasted sweet potato mixed with caramelized swiss chard and creamy white beans! A great dinner!Add Favorite
- 2 Medium Sweet potatoes, halved horizontally
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 8 Stalks Swiss Chard, leaves and stems separated (both roughly chopped)
- 2 Tbsp. Balsammic Vinegar
- 1 Can White Beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ Cup Fresh Dill, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
- Drizzle the sweet potato halves with 1 Tbsp of the oil and a big pinch of salt and pepper. Place cut side down on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400 F for 40 minutes until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium high heat, add the remaining tbsp of oil with the onions, garlic and cherry tomatoes. Sauté for 2 minutes until soft. Add the chopped swiss chard stems and water. Cook for 10 minutes until all the water has reduced. Add in the balsamic vinegar and cook 5 minutes more. Finally add in the white beans, swiss chard leaves and fresh dill. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 more minutes until the swiss chard leaves have wilted.
- To assemble, lightly loosen the centers of each sweet potato with a fork. Top with the bean mixture. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Place back in the oven at 400 F for 5 minutes just before serving.