Spaghettini with Portabellos and Pesto - Vegetarian Gourmet
In this recipe, I chose to use Spaghettini, which is slightly thinner than traditional spaghetti because I wanted something more delicate to make the other ingredients stand out. And boy did they ever! The pan fried portabellos and leeks paired with a robust fresh basil pesto –perfect dinner!Add Favorite
- 200 Grams Spaghettini
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 Clove Garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Leek, roughly chopped
- 3 Large Portobello Mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 10 Sundried Tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 Cup Pesto Sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place a large pot of salted water on the stove over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Drop in the uncooked pasta. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered for about 8 minutes.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil with the shallot, garlic, and leek and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add in the chopped Portobello mushrooms and sundried tomatoes and sauté for 3 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the mushrooms and toss well. Toss in the pesto and mix well.