Soft Tacos Stuffed With Lemony Tofu and Avocado - Vegetarian Gourmet
These tacos are so addictive! They taste like something you would get at a beach side restaurant – the tofu is crispy and lemony with the creamy avocado and crunchy coleslaw on top. You have to try them!Add Favorite
- 1 Tsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Block Extra Firm Tofu, Pressed and Cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced Finely
- 1/4 Tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 Jalapeño Chili, minced Finely
- 1 Tsp. Dried Oregano
- Zest and juice of 2 Lemons
- 1/4 Tsp. Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 Tsp. each Salt and Pepper, or to taste
- 2 Avocados, Peeled and Cubed
- 2 cups of Coleslaw
- 8 Small Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Drain and Press the Tofu.
- In a skillet over medium high heat add 1 teaspoon of oil with the tofu. Sauté, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes until browned on all sides.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk together the garlic, smoked paprika, fresh chili, dried oregano, lemon zest and juice, sugar, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- As soon as the tofu is brown, turn of the heat and pour the sauce over the tofu, mixing well until all gets absorbed (about 30 seconds).
- To assemble, warm up the tortillas for a couple of seconds in the microwave. Place ¼ of an avocado in each tortilla, top with a scoop of the tofu and then a scoop of coleslaw. Serve immediately. (I like to serve this with all the ingredients separately and allow each person to assemble their own taco, it is more fun for the guests and less work for you!)