Roasted Zucchini and Chickpeas with Kale and Kalamata Olives - Vegetarian Gourmet
This is a fabulous meal! The roasted tomatoes and onion give it a nice sweetness, combined with the lightly charred zucchini pieces bursting as you bite into them, and then of course the deep saltiness of the Kalamata olives! A full meal on its own or serve over couscous or rice!Add Favorite
- 2 large Onions, peeled chopped
- 1 Large Tomato, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped roughly
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Can Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 Medium Zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 Cup Fresh Kale, roughly chopped
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped finely
- ¼ Cup Fresh Dill, chopped finely
- 15 Kalamata Olives, pitted and halved
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C).
- In a baking dish combine the onions, tomato, garlic, thyme, olive oil and balsamic vinegar as well as a large pinch of salt and pepper. Toss well to combine all ingredients.
- Bake at 400 F for 25 minutes. Mix in the chickpeas and zucchini and place back in the oven at 400 F for 20 minutes more.
- 10 minutes before serving, add all remaining ingredients and mix well. Bake at 400 F for another 10 minutes.