Smoky Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili - Vegetarian Gourmet
There’s just nothing like a big bowl of chilli. In this version, silky sweet potato is paired with hearty black beans. I have given the sauce a South-western twist with cumin and smoky heat from chipotle peppers. Serve it over a big bowl of rice, or on its own with a few tortilla chips.Add Favorite
- 1 Large Onion, peeled and diced
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 Chipotle in Adobo Sauce, minced
- 2 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- 1 Sweet Potato, peeled and cut into large cubes
- 1 28 Oz. Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 cups Black Beans
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- In a Saucepan over medium heat, sauté the onions and garlic until soft. Add the cumin, and chipotle and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the sweet potato, and crushed tomatoes. Mix well, making sure to scrape off all brown bits on the bottom of the pan. Allow to cook for about 5 minutes. Now add the black beans and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for about 30-40 minutes longer, until sweet potato is tender. Add balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.