This recipe will give you enough for 4 sandwiches. If you have extra you can store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks and just enjoy as an afternoon snack on crackers or on top of a salad.Add Favorite
- 1 Block Tofu, drained and Cut into cubes
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 2 Stalks Celery, chopped
- ½ Cup Chopped Fresh Dill
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise or Vegan Mayo
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Slices of Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread (or any bread of choice)
- 4 Leaves Romaine Lettuce
- 1 Tomato, Sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the tofu, red onion, red pepper, celery, fresh dill, lemon juice and mayonnaise. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the sandwiches, toast the bread and spread a couple of tablespoons of the mixture onto 4 of the slices. Top with 1 leaf of lettuce and a slice of tomato. Top with the other slice of bread. Cut in half and enjoy!