This is a great Chinese take-out fave! Crispy tofu in a slightly sweet, slightly spicy peanutty sauce!Add Favorite
- 1 Block Tofu, cut into1 inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 Fresh Thai Chili Peppers, sliced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. Soya Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Fresh Ginger, minced
- ½ Cup Toasted Peanuts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat Oven to 400 F (205 C).
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, toss the tofu cubes with the cornstarch, 1 of the chilis, 1 clove garlic, vegetable oil, and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes, tossing once halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining chili, garlic, soya sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar, peanuts and ginger.
- When the tofu is ready immediately pour the sauce over the warm tofu and mix well. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes and serve.