A great slurping soup! It feels like you are in an authentic Japanese noodle house.Add Favorite
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp. Yellow Miso Paste
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger
- 1 Fresh Chilli Pepper
- 2 Sheets Nori
- 1/2 Block Firm Tofu
- 10 Dried Shitake Mushrooms
- 1/2 pound Soba Noodles
- 1 Large Bok Choy, Chopped Roughly
- 2 Scallions
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Tsp. Sesame Oil
- Make the broth: In a large pot add the water with the miso paste, use a whisk to mix well. Add the star anise, cinnamon stick, sugar, ginger, chilli and nori sheets. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Leave it for about 30 minutes to an hour. Using a fine sieve, strain the liquid into another pot. This is the broth to use for the soup.
- Drain and press the tofu and cut it into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Bring the broth to a boil and add in the dried mushrooms, tofu cubes and noodles. Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Chop the scallions and cilantro.
- Add the chopped bok choy, scallions, cilantro and sesame oil.
- To serve use a pair of tongs to be able to grab some noodles into each bowl and then use a ladle to pour over the broth and veggies.