Grilled Zucchini and Eggplant Tart - Vegetarian Gourmet
Such an impressive looking tart and delicious too! This tart can be served warm or at room temperature.Add Favorite
- Basic Pizza Dough
- 1 small eggplant, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 Large Red Onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 Zucchini, sliced on the digonal
- 4 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Dried Oregano
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 10 Kalamata Olives, pitted and halved
- 10 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375
- Place the eggplant, zucchini, and onion in a large bowl and toss with balsamic vinegar, oregano, 2 tbsp. of the olive oil, and salt and pepper. Toss well making sure all the vegetables are well coated.
- Place the vegetables on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread them out in as evenly a layer as possible. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the basic pizza dough as instructed. Roll it out onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and press down with your fingers. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- Arrange the grilled vegetables nicely on top of the dough and scatter around the cherry tomatoes and olives as well as sprigs of thyme. Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes.