Giant Burrito with Rice, Beans and Tofu - Vegetarian Gourmet
Ok, now this is a sandwich! A gigantic burrito filled with rice, beans and tofu – a challenge to fit into your mouth!Add Favorite
- 1 Tsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Block Firm Tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 Tbsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tsp. Paprika
- 1/2 Tsp. Sugar
- 1 Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup Prepared Salsa
- 2 Cups Leftover Cooked Rice
- 4 Large Tortillas
- 1 Cup Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 Large Tomato, sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- First prepare the tofu: In a skillet over high heat, heat the vegetable oil and add in the cubed tofu. Sauté for about 3 minutes until browned. Sprinkle with a pinch of each salt and pepper. In a small bowl on the side combine the balsamic vinegar with the sugar and paprika and mix well. Pour over the tofu, stir well and then remove from heat. Set aside.
- To prepare the beans: In a microwave safe bowl, combine the black beans with the prepared salsa and microwave on high for about 2 minutes until warm.
- If your rice has been in the fridge, warm it up in a microwave safe bowl for a couple of minutes until warm (if its fresh, just use straight away).
- To assemble the burritos: Place one tortilla flat on a work surface. Place a large scoop of the bean mixture in a line along the centre making sure to leave about an inch on top and bottom empty. Top with a few slices of tomato and some lettuce. Add a large scoop of rice and tofu. Fold over the top 2 ends towards the centre and from the right roll the tortilla over itself to close. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling ingredients.