My husband and I went away for a long weekend and we just seemed to be eating junk food all weekend long! When we got back home we were both craving something healthy and filling– and that is how this dish came to be! You will notice that although there are noodles in the dish, it consists primarily of crunchy veggies – as you eat, the noodles get mixed so perfectly with the veggies and it feels so satisfying.Add Favorite
- 200 Grams Udon Noodles
- 4 Cups Grated Fresh Cabbage
- 2 Carrots, grated
- 1 Beet, grated
- 20 Snow Peas, chopped
- 1 Block (350 Grams) Firm Tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 Cup Tahini
- 1 Tbsp. Soya Sauce
- 1 Tsp. Sriracha
- Juice of 3 Limes
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup Water
- In a small bowl combine the tahini with the soya sauce, sriracha (if using), lime juice, maple syrup and water. Mix well and set aside.
- Boil the noodles: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add in the noodles. Boil for about 7 minutes until tender. Drain in a colander and immediately place 2 tbsp. of the tahini sauce on the noodles and mix very quickly. Set aside.
- Place a skillet on the stove over high heat and wait about a minute until very hot. Add in your cubed tofu and sauté for about 1-2 minutes until browned. Reduce heat to medium and add 2 – 3 Tbsp. of the tahini sauce. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- To assemble the bowls: divide the grated cabbage and carrots evenly among four bowls. Top each with ¼ of the cooked udon noodles, tofu cubes, grated beets and snow peas. Finally drizzle with remaining tahini dressing.