This is a great alternative to the classic leek and potato soup. Celery root is much healthier than potatoes and it has such a soft and creamy flavour. It is a bit of a weird looking vegetable, but don’t be scared of it – it’s delicious!Add Favorite
- 1 Tsp. Vegetable oil
- 3 large Leeks, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 Celery root, peeled and chopped
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Cloves Garlic, peeled and chopped
- 4 Cups Vegetable Stock or water
- 1/4 Tsp. Nutmeg
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a medium pot, over low heat, add the vegetable oil with the leek, shallot, garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the celery root, nutmeg, thyme leaves and bay leaves and stir fry another minute.
- Next add the Vegetable Stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 25 minutes until the vegetables are very soft. Remove the bay leaves.
- Ladle the soup into a blender and blend until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Optionally, for an extra creamy velvety texture, pour the soup back into the pot through a fine sieve. Reheat and serve.