Chickpea and Rutabaga Tagine with Dried Fruit - Vegetarian Gourmet
In this classic Moroccan dish, the sweetness from the light honey glaze and dried fruit is offset by rutabaga – a bold flavour combination! Serve with a side of couscous for a delicious meal! If you like the dish a little sweeter you can double up on the honey, and put half of it with the veggies while they are baking at the beginning.Add Favorite
- 2 Onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 Rutabaga, peeled and cut into large chunks
- ½ Cup Mixed Dried Fruits (including apricots, prunes and dates)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock or Water
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. Honey or Agave Syrup
- 1 Can Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Arrange the rutabaga, onions and dried fruit in a large baking dish. Top with the minced garlic, salt and pepper and water or vegetable stock. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 45-60 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Remove the aluminum foil and mix in the chickpeas. Drizzle with the honey and cinnamon and place back in the oven, uncovered for 10-15 minutes longer.