Asparagus and Broccoli in a Gingery Orange Sauce - Vegetarian Gourmet
I love this slightly sweet, tangy and spicy orange sauce over crunchy Asian greens! This dish is best served immediately when you cook it. If you would like to prepare in advance here are a couple of tricks. Prepare the sauce a day or even two in advance and store in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also wash and chop all your veggies the day before and store them in resealable plastic bags in the fridge. Just before serving, all you need to do is quickly stir fry and add the sauce! Add Favorite
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 Head Broccoli, Chopped
- 1 Head Bok Choy, chopped
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, Cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 Tbsp. Soya Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, minced
- 1 Thai Chilli, Chopped Finely
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Sliced Finely
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Zest and Juice of 2 Oranges
- 1 Tsp. Sesame Oil
- 2 Tsp. Cornstarch
- In a small bowl, make the sauce. Mix together the soya sauce, fresh ginger, Thai chili, garlic, honey, zest and juice of the oranges, sesame oil, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a skillet or wok over high heat, add the vegetable oil and allow to heat up. Once the oil is hot add in the onions. Cook for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add the broccoli, bok choy and asparagus. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly until tender. Add the sauce you prepared earlier and cook for 1 minute until sauce begins to bubble. Serve immediately.