These are really yummy skewers for the bbq! You will notice that I always precook the tofu in the marinade prior to barbecuing; this is the best way to get the tofu to absorb the flavours before getting beautiful grill marks. The precooking can be done a couple of days before if you like, just refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to skewer.Add Favorite
- 1 block Firm Tofu
- 1/4 Cup Soya Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup or Honey
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. Grated Fresh Ginger
- 2 Onions, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 Peppers, cut into large pieces
- 15 Mushrooms, halved
- First drain and press the tofu and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, place 1 tsp. of the sesame oil with the tofu cubes. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned.
- In the meantime, combine the soya sauce, maple syrup, remaining sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a bowl and mix.
- When tofu is browned, pour sauce over the tofu and remove from heat. Let cool.
- Skewer the marinated tofu alternatively with the cut vegetables.
- Turn on your barbecue on a medium high heat. Place skewers on an oiled grill for about 1 minute per side.