This soup is so hearty and delicious; you will make it again and again!Add Favorite
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Rosemary
- 2 Carrots, Peeled and Chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 to a Whole Jalepeno, Minced (or to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. of each Red, Green and Brown Raw Lentils
- 2 Tbsp. Barley
- 1 Liter Vegetable Stock or water
- 1 Tsp. each Salt and Pepper, or to Taste
- ½ Cup Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Dill
- ½ Cup Fresh or Frozen Chopped Spinach
- In a pot over medium heat combine 1 tbsp. of oil with onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes. Add the thyme and rosemary, pepper and hot sauce and combine. Add the carrots, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the lentils and barley to the onion mixture, and stir well. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to simmer for 40 minutes, until lentils and barley have cooked all the way through.
- Add the parsley, dill, spinach and salt, and cook for 5 minutes more.