Aloo Gobi (Potato and Cauliflower Curry) - Vegetarian Gourmet
This is a traditional Indian Curry. I find the potatoes and cauliflower go so nicely together for a hearty comforting meal. Serve over basmati rice any day of the week!Add Favorite
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Jalapeño chilli, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Fresh Ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 Tbsp. Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp. Curry Powder
- 1 Tsp. Sugar
- 3 Medium Sized Potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Cup Vegetable Stock or Water
- 1 tsp. each salt and Pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- In a skillet over medium high heat add the oil with the onion, ginger, garlic, chilli, garam masala, curry powder and sugar. Sauté for 1 minute stirring well. Add in the tomatoes and potatoes. Mix well.
- Add in the vegetable stock or water. Mix well and allow to cook for 20 minutes stirring occasionally until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the cauliflower, peas, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes more.
- Just before serving sprinkle with the fresh cilantro and serve.